Feet First, Seattle’s only pedestrian advocacy organization, invites you to join them this weekend as they highlight walking in the Central District through their CD Street Stories. They will also unveil their first Safe Routes to School documentary. There will be plenty of free copies of their CD walking map, part of their ongoing Neighborhoods on Foot series.
When: Saturday, December 5th 2009, 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Where: Central Cinema – 1411 21st Avenue (just off Union on 21st)
Feet First worked with youth from the Central District area to combine the art of story telling with a web based tool called Yodio. Learn, share and explore how the youth view where they live, attend school and spend time with friends. Raw and uncut, these are their stories. You’ll be surprised by what you see.
Feet First Board President John Stewart will lead a short walking tour using the Central District Neighborhoods on Foot map. Following the walk we’ll return to the cinema to view the Yodios and congratulate the young film makers.
The suggested donation for the event is $25 (youth under 18 years old are welcome at no charge). Your entry includes beer, wine, non alcoholic beverages, food and one free raffle ticket with a chance to win:
1. A pound of fudge from Rocky Mt Chocolate Factory
2. Bottle of wine from AOC Travel Guides
3. $40 Gift certificate from Tutta Bella
4. Family fun pack from Woodland Park Zoo
5. Two cinema tickets from Central Cinema
6. Jewelry set handmade by local Scottish designer
7. $25 voucher from Browlick Studio
8. Ten class yoga card from The Samarya Centre
9. $25 Gift Certificate and Pure Flavor cookbook from Sugar Mountain
10. Womans Regal Delight Jacket from Columbia Sports Wear
11. Mans Voltage Full Zip Fleece from Columbia Sports Wear
12. Two Adult admission passes from Seattle Art Museum
13. Two Washington Ensemble Theatre tickets
14. Two symphony tickets from Seattle Symphony
15. Two adult all day lift tickets from Stevens Pass
16. Garden Art by local West Seattle artist Steve Nimocks
For more information about the event, contact Elaine Boyd by emailing email@example.com or calling 206-652-2310.
Thank you to the generous sponsors:
Central Region Emergency Medical Services & Trauma Care Council
And to the businesses who kindly donated prizes for the raffle
We look forward to seeing you there!